New Student Enrollment

If you are planning to enroll your student at CAMS...

In order to make your transition and enrollment into CAMS a smooth process, we have provided some guidelines below. The Commonwealth of Virginia law tells us that we are required to have certain information from you before we can officially enroll your student. Please read for further information:

Walk-ins are always welcome, but we can guarantee prompt service if you can call us in advance to set an appointment to come in. You are guaranteed to meet with a counselor, and possibly set up a tour during your visit if you call in advance. You may call 473-8333 and state that you need to speak with someone in the School Counseling Office about enrolling your child.

When you come, we are required to have the following information from you in order to start the enrollment process:

**A copy of your child's ORIGINAL birth certificate

***If you cannot locate a copy of your child's ORIGINAL birth certificate, Virginia law allows us to give you 30 days from your child's enrollment to submit it.

Ordering a new birth certificate copy can be a lengthy process, but if you order it early you should have it within the 30 days of enrollment. You keep the original copy, but we have to make a copy from it when you come in.

**Proof of Residence

***Virginia law does NOT allow us to enroll your child until we have a copy of Proof of Residence. Please be sure you have one of the following when you come:

1) Copy of deed, mortgage, lease, or real estate tax statement of your principle residence in Botetourt County.


2) A current utility bill that includes your name and your Botetourt County address on it AND either a copy of your bank statement or employer pay stub

that includes your name and your Botetourt County address on the statement or pay stub.


3) If you are living with someone else, the homeowner may provide us a letter stating the following:

  • *The homeowner's first and last name AND address.
  • * A statement saying that the homeowner permits both you and your CAMS' student to live at that residence.
  • *The date that you and your CAMS' student moved into this residence.
  • * The homeowner must sign and date this letter

By Virginia law, this letter MUST BE NOTARIZED. Please take it to a local bank or other place with a notary and have them stamp and sign this.

We only need a copy of this letter - you keep the original copy.

Again, we can NOT enroll your child without proof of residence!

**School Entrance Health Form

  • ***We can easily obtain this from the last public school that your child attended. If your child attended public school (anywhere in the U.S.) before attending
  • CAMS, we will obtain this for you. If you attended a private school that required a Heath Form, we can obtain this from the private school as well.

  • ***If your child was homeschooled or went to a school that did not require a Health Form, you will need to make an appointment with your child's doctor.
  • Ask your doctor if he/she can do a physical for school enrollment. Tell your doctor that you need a copy of the results of the physical. Your doctor may
  • Also fax this copy to us at 473-8398. (Attention to the School Counseling Office). You have 30 days to provide this if you don't have it upon enrollment.


BY law, we CANNOT enroll a child who does not have updated immunizations. Specifically, students cannot enter Virginia middle schools without the TDAP immunization.

If your child attended a public school prior to coming to CAMS, we can easily obtain the immunization record from them. However, if they are a rising 7th grader, they must have the TDAP immunization added to their record prior to enrolling in 7th grade.

You can make an appointment with your doctor to give your child the TDAP immunization, and have your doctor fax us your updated 
immunization record at 473-8398. Or, you can bring in the updated copy and we can copy it from your original when you come in to enroll your student.



**Expulsion Statement

***When you arrive to enroll your student, you will be signing paperwork required by Virginia Law stating that your child has not been expelled from any school***

Please call us at 473-8333 and ask for help in obtaining information to enroll your student.

300E Military Form.pdf

Form 300A Pupil Registration English (1).pdf

Form300CProofofResidency 2017.doc

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2022 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.